October 14, 2008

Seriously?

Do you ever think that you can do it all? I must have thought that a few weeks ago when I scheduled a Dr. appointment for Karston at 8:45 a.m. I mean seriously what was I thinking? Well lucky for me I have this guy, named Shane, who yet again bailed me out. What have I done to deserve him? I sometimes wonder how I got here, all grown up with five kids, a house, a car, and everything in between? I keep thinking when I have time for this or time for that and for some unknown reason I keep running out of time. So I've come to the realization that I better buckle-up, hold on, and have one heck of a time!

6 comments:

Sandy said...

Emily you are such a great motivation. I figure if you have had 5 kids that 1. It must be very rewarding being a a mom even though it can be overwhelming and 2. Moms must forget the hard times of pregnancy and newborns to keep having more babies.

Maybe this weekend if Mike and I come over you can show me how to give Olivia a bath.

Cheryl said...

You crack me up! I cannot tell you how many times I have scheduled an early morning appt., and then I spend the days before just stressing about how I will ever be able to do it (especially with a newborn). Ok, so I can't wait to see you guys, let's plan something. I was thinking a girls night out (with Rach and Becky even, and Liz, whoever else) but then the kids would not be very happy about that, because they would love to see your kids. So just let me know.

Liz said...

I just LOVE your positive attitude, Emily! As I woke up at 4:00 AM with Noelle, I grumbled about just dealing with ONE kid. Thanks for helping me remember how fantastic it is to even BE a mother, and how awesome life is (even on 4 hours of sleep)! :)

Heidi and Matt said...

you are an awesome mom, emily. I can't even imagine having 5 kids--wow! They are so cute and so lucky to have you!

Rachel said...

You are a lucky gal...

Melissa said...

Hey Emily!

This is your cousin Melissa, I found your blog through Sara's. Anyway, your blog is cute and I can't believe you have 5 kids.

I only have 1 and he is currently driving me crazy! I can't imagine 5 driving me crazy. :) I'm sure they're really fun though!