October 27, 2008

How Funny

Tonight we took the kids to High School Musical 3. Shane and I drove separately so that I could go to Walmart and hit the treat isle! After the movie Ashton forgot her jacket so Shane ran back in to get it.I started driving out of the parking lot and noticed a few guys (like 20-60 year olds) who had locked their keys in their car so I rolled down my window and asked, "did you lock your keys in your car?". They of course responded "yes'. So being the good Samaritan that I am,LOL, I said "my husband has a slim-jim, he just went to get my daughters jacket, but when he comes out he'll come help you." I told Shane and he grabbed his slim-jim and headed over. It took him maybe thirty seconds and the car was unlocked. They said, "Thank You, how'd you do that so fast?". To which Shane replied,"I spent the last three years in prison" and then he shook the kids hand and walked off. All the while thinking that I, (with my big mouth) had told them that he was a Police Officer, which I hadn't. The kid just looked at him with a puzzled look and said, "OH!"

9 comments:

Jdurtschi said...

go to bed

Cheryl said...

That is so funny! I love that story. What a classic.

Melissa said...

That is hilarious! I am still laughing.

Julie said...

I am so excited you got a blog! I guess it has been about a month, I am a little slow! Funny story! And I love the costumes! I need to come up with something...

Brenda said...

So funny!!

mandi said...

Em! I'm so glad you found me! You've got FIVE kids?!? Can't wait to see more of your fam!

Alicia said...

Love that.... those kids will be telling all their friends that story!!

Heidi and Matt said...

that story is hilarious! I wish I could think of witty things on the spot like that, would love to see those faces!

Rachel said...

And that's why we love Shane so.....