October 24, 2008

Halloween Early

Last night we had our ward Halloween party, my mom and I took the kids. We had a great time. We had a chili cook-off and then there were some games for the kids. I love to pretend that I too am a kid, (I think I must get that from my mom!)and dress-up all crazy. I guess we get a practice run this year. 
Arleigh is such a spooky Zombie. Though most of the time I'm not sure what I would do without her. She really is a lifesaver!Posted by Picasa
 
Posted by Picasa
And Karston the awesome Clone War Guy.He is the tormentor of all that is good or smaller than him, namely Ashton & Kyler. 
Posted by Picasa
Ashton the mighty Pirate Gal! I'm going to have to say that is a wicked looking face, total mischief is brewing in those eyes. Can you see it? All I have to say is "welcome to my world!". 
Posted by Picasa
Next we have the lovable little Giraffe ,Kyler.
 
Posted by Picasa
This costume is hilarious, it has a really stuffed bum. He looks like he might be severely overweight in it.
 
Posted by Picasa
And bringing up the rear is the yummy little Kitty Cat, Adie. She's hanging out with our good friend Josh, otherwise known as the baby whisperer. All three of my girls have worn this handy little costume, I guess it's a good thing I save everything.  
Posted by Picasa
OH! Here I am with this other hippy dude I ran into. He actually turned out to be my visiting teaching partners husband, but since we just split wards 2 months ago I didn't know him. Leave it to me to pose for a picture with a complete stranger in short shorts! I guess you could say we have something in common now, just check out those happening hairdo's!!!
 
Posted by Picasa
Grandma also knows how to get wild & crazy, (again something I get from my mother!). She makes a great Witch,(no pun intended)HA!HA! We're so glad that she lives next door and is always here to help us. I feel pretty lucky to have such a great mom and to be able to share all my good and not so good with her. It seems as if we are all ready for the big day. Now all we have to do is carve the pumpkins. I love this time of year. Let the festivities begin!

10 comments:

Mike D. said...

Awesome Em Awesome.

Brenda said...

We went to a Halloween party last night... My question for you is: Did you ever think it could take SO long to get ready?? I only had two kids and myself to get ready and it took forever! Looks like fun. I will post my pics when I finally make it out to the car to get the camera :)

Alicia said...

Love love love the costumes Iove the giraffe butt!! I am a little disturbed by the short shorts and the pose he is in!!

Cheryl said...

Ok, seriously those are the cutest costumes ever! I love the giraffes bum, and Arleigh looks so great--you all do. But who can top the guy that shows up at the ward party in short-shorts and then poses with his leg up on the chair. That is so funny Em! We had so much fun with you guys yesterday! SO MUCH FUN! Thanks. We can't wait until we move there.

Cheryl said...

Ok, I promise I didn't read Alicia's comment before I wrote mine, funny that we picked out the same things!

Rachel said...

Arleigh's hair ROCKED!!! Did she steal my "do" or what? Nothing better than girthy hair...oh and the rest of you looked fabulous too!

Melinda said...

Em, this is the best, for real. Poor Kyler is gonna be teased about the giant giraffe bum his whole life. I love it!

Calerich said...

Love it! Those costumes kill me! That Giraffe bum is the best! Then that hippie guy, um did you say you were at a ward party? Don't often see the short shorts there...........lol.

Annalee Taylor said...

Love it. Your hippy costume is awesome and I love your mom's too.

Sara said...

Emily! You all look so great!! I love Halloween...I am a child at heart too and LOVE to dress up! Looks like a blast!