November 25, 2008

36 Years!!

Today is my mom and dad's 36th Anniversary. 
Posted by Picasa
How time flies when you're having fun.
 
Posted by Picasa
The things I know about them are.1- They love each other unconditionally.2- They are a great team. 3- They are great parents and grand-parents.
 
Posted by Picasa
I truly feel so blessed to have been raised by them. They have taught me to have compassion for others, to work hard until the job is done, and to be forgiving. (Though I may not always do these things.) Looking back I have some great memories. We did and do alot together as a family. One of my favorite memories was of a crazy camping trip. As usual we got out of town a little later than planned. We were headed between Preston and Montpelier, to Strawberry. We pulled into camp around 10:30 p.m. It started raining so mom and dad quickly put up our awesome hand me-down,sewn up a few times, tent. They got us out of the car and settled in for a long night. It was pouring rain and needless to say our tent quickly filled with water. Fortunately dad had purchased a couple air mattresses, the kind you pumped up with a foot pump, we were basically floating around the tent. Much to our dismay the people in the camp ground next to ours had a baby who was not into camping. I think that baby cried for two hours straight. We were all finally asleep, around 1:00 a.m. when my mom awoke to a growling sound and several people screaming. Again she heard it so she woke up dad and told him" There is a bear in the camp, we have to get the kids to the car". Calm and collected he laid there a minute and they heard it again. Ready to wake us up they heard it one more time and realized it was a herd of "lost sheep". The next morning when we woke up everything was dripping wet. Needless to say we cut our camping trip short and went home. We always seem to have a good laugh even if it is a the expense of our mother. Thanks mom and dad for being you. I am proud to be your daughter, and I look forward to many more years of celebrating you two. May the good times roll! I love you guys.
 
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Julie said...

I love your parents so much! That is so impressive--36 years! I hope they had a great day! And I love that camping story, that is so great!

Melissa said...

Funny story! That happened to me at girls camp once, wow that was entertaining!

I think your dad looks just like jake in highschool in his wedding picture!

Brenda said...

Tell them "Happy Anniversary" from me... that's a long time. Good for them (and good job on your mom's hair, it's cute!). And I also think your dad looks like Jake did in high school.

Cheryl said...

What a sweet post!

Molley Alles said...

Oh, that made me cry. Sure love you and your parents. Happy Thanksgiving. Mol

Heidi and Matt said...

Your mom and dad are the best! I love them so much, such a great tribute, Emily. You are very lucky to have them, and so close!

Rachel said...

Your parents are cool I must agree, they'd have to be to have such a rockin' daughter. I loved seeing you this weekend!