November 20, 2008

I AM THANKFUL FOR……

…the mess to clean after a party
because it means I have been surrounded by family and friends.

…the taxes I pay because it
means that I am employed.

…the clothes that fit a little to snug
because it means I have enough to eat.

…my shadow who watches me work
because it means I am in the sunshine.

…the spot I find at the far end of the parking lot
because it means I am capable of walking.

…all the complaining I hear about government
because it means we have freedom of speech.

…a lawn that needs mowing, windows that need cleaning,
and gutters that need fixing
because it means I have a home.

…the lady behind me in church who sings of key
because it means that I can hear.

…my huge heating bill because it means I am warm.

…the alarm that goes off in the early morning hours
because it means that I am alive.

…weariness and aching muscles at the end of the day
because it means I have been productive.

…the piles of laundry and dishes
because it means my loved ones are nearby.



My mom's visiting teachers gave this to her, and I loved it so here you go. Enjoy.

3 comments:

sarah said...

Hello Emily.

I just found your blog and would love an invite. My email address is sarahrogers0515@gmail.com I love looking at Mike's also, your children are getting so big. It good to see you mom and dad on the blog also.
Thanks,
Sarah Rogers

Heidi and Matt said...

I love that, Emily! I love all the updates too. Your kids are just so darn cute!

Cheryl said...

Thanks for reminding me to be more grateful!